Sheepshead Bay, Part 2 of 3

Part 2 of filling in this section of Sheepshead Bay starts at a different train station. I got off at Gravesend-Neck Rd, which will branch off from what will turn into Ave W. As you can see, "Map My Walk" had a little heart attack with their satellites -- one of the drawbacks to using their maps. I don't know if other apps experience the same problems. It's generally good when I'm walk straight lines, but when I walk up and down streets, it occasionally has me walking through the middle of private homes.

No trespassing occured on this walk.

As per the map, this walk took place on February 15, 2023. Starting on Neck Rd and Ave W, I walked down E7 St, up Hubbard St, and down E6 St, to the hospital bus stop. And, of course, there were several tiny courts along the way. I almost circled through a parking lane that opened on two different blocks, but a young woman was walking a big dog, and I thought better of it.

First up was Ocean Ct between Hubbard and Ocean Parkway...

  

... and then back to Hubbard on the appropriately named and slightly longer Parkway Ct.

  

From E6 St, Manhattan Ct brings me back to Ocean Parkway. I don't think I've ever walked this side of Ocean Parkways before. As it is, I stayed on the homes side and not the pedestrian walkway next to the busy road.

  

Brighton Beach is closer than Manhattan Beach, and here is Brighton Ct. Back to E6 St.

  

And back to the hospital for whichever bus arrives first. Actually second. There's three buses, and only two of them go my way.



I also write Fiction!


You can now order Devilish And Divine, edited by John L. French and Danielle Ackley-McPhail, which contains (among many, many others) three stories by me, Christopher J. Burke about those above us and from down below.
Order the softcover or ebook at Amazon.

Also, check out In A Flash 2020, by Christopher J. Burke for 20 great flash fiction stories, perfectly sized for your train rides.
Available in softcover or ebook at Amazon.

If you enjoy it, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prospect Heights: Atlantic, Pacific, Bergen

Sheepshead Bay, Part 3 of 3