Taaffe Pl / Grand Ave / Steuben St / Emerson Pl / Classon Ave

A loop of missing streets between Fort Green and Bed-Stuy, straddling the BQE, south of South Williamsburg.

Once again, I don't have a video for this walk, but here are two that I made for Tik Tok. (When I upload them, I add the map above.)

A quick trip starting and ending at the Classon Street subway station.

The walk started "officially" on Taffee Place, with two "a" and two "f" characters in the name. I liked this high wall surrounding the property with a fence protecting the wall. But then there was an opening, so no secrets contained within.

The building across the street also caught my eye. They aren't built like that any more.

Moving up the block, I passed a playground on the left and this school on the right. As far as I can tell, this is the back of P.S./I.S. 157 - The Benjamin Franklin Health & Science Academy. Again, they don't build them like this any more.

Just before Flushing Ave, there is a little street that runs about a block and a half that isn't quite parallel to Flushing Ave. It's Little Nassau Street. It just comes to an end at the back of a large buildng on Franklin Ave. There isn't any pedestrian path through.

After that, it was west of Flushing, which I've covered many times before, until I got to Grand Ave. I had two blocks to cover, one on either side of the highway.

And that brought me to Steuben St., Emerson Pl., and Classon Ave. As I said at the start, a short, but necessary trip.

And that's it for this trip. Come back soon.

Following me at @mrburkemath on Instagram for more timely images!

All of the above photos and videos, unless otherwise stated, were taken by Christopher J. Burke and are subject to copyright.

MY NEWEST BOOK IS AVAILABLE NOW!

7 Flashes of Science Fiction: When the day comes that humans head out into the stars, will we understand the messages we receive in space from alien civilizations? Or will the day come that aliens walk among us freely and openly on the streets on Manhattan? Will technology take over our lives to the point where we feel for it should it break down? Can dimensions be unfolded within tiny spaces yielding results that were not meant to be known?

And what if we had to leave it all behind and start over?

Explore the magic and wonders that space, time, and other dimemsions have to offer with 7 Flashes of Science Fiction.


My older books include three more books in my Burke's Lore Briefs series, and the anthologies A Bucket Full of Moonlight and In A Flash 2020.

Vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, used-car salesmen, fairies, superheroes, space and time travel, and little gray aliens talking to rock creatures and living plants.

Plus pirates, spies, horror, and kindergarten noir!

If you enjoy my books, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeSales / MacDougal / Hull / Somers / Truxton

Carroll / Crown / Ford Streets

A Short Walk Around the Brooklyn Botanic Garden