New Jersey Ave / Vermont Ave

This is actually a "short" walk considering that these days, I walk this far every weekend just going to get bagels!

Once again, I took extra video for use on Instagram at some point.

Back in May, I ventured farther into East New York to cover the north-south streets. At the same time, I avoided crossing Atlantic Ave into Cypress Hills because I wanted the first time I walked through there to be only Cypress Hills. Also, I wasn't sure where I could and couldn't cross Atlantic Ave. The streets are nutty over there.

When I got off the C train at Pennsylvania Ave and Liberty Ave, I turned west so I could walk up a block of Sheffeld Ave that I hadn't walked before. This allowed me to walk over along Atlantic Ave and come down New Jersey Ave.

Crossing Liberty Ave, I came upon Grace Baptist Church of Christ, which was founded in 1962.

At Pitkin Ave, New Jersey Ave is interrupted for Grace Playground, but there is a walkway alongside of it. The park is named for members of the Grace Baptist Church.

At the corner of Blake Ave, is a church with the sign stating St John Cantius. Their webiste says, Mary, Mother of the Church, Roman Catholic Church, St. Gabriel, the Archangel, St. John Cantius. The sign says that it's been serving East New York since 1902. Unfortunately, their website doesn't have a history tab.

The New Jersey Avenue Community Garden was just down the block and across the street from the Church.

Duke Park came just before Dumont Ave. The street shifted a little at East New York Ave. More pictures are the houses changed a little.

I finally made it down to Linden Ave. Had I thought about it some more, I would've crossed Linden -- somewhere, maybe not right there -- and continued down to Flatlands since my walk was so short.

It looks like I only took one picture on Vermont Ave. I'm surprised that I didn't take another at Livonia, but it wasn't on my drive. Maybe it's on my phone? Doubtful. I did film video though (see above).

And that's it for this trip. Come back soon.

Following me at @mrburkemath on Instagram for more timely images!

All of the above photos and videos, unless otherwise stated, were taken by Christopher J. Burke and are subject to copyright.

MY NEWEST BOOK IS AVAILABLE NOW!

7 Flashes of Science Fiction: When the day comes that humans head out into the stars, will we understand the messages we receive in space from alien civilizations? Or will the day come that aliens walk among us freely and openly on the streets on Manhattan? Will technology take over our lives to the point where we feel for it should it break down? Can dimensions be unfolded within tiny spaces yielding results that were not meant to be known?

And what if we had to leave it all behind and start over?

Explore the magic and wonders that space, time, and other dimemsions have to offer with 7 Flashes of Science Fiction.


My older books include three more books in my Burke's Lore Briefs series, and the anthologies A Bucket Full of Moonlight and In A Flash 2020.

Vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, used-car salesmen, fairies, superheroes, space and time travel, and little gray aliens talking to rock creatures and living plants.

Plus pirates, spies, horror, and kindergarten noir!

If you enjoy my books, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeSales / MacDougal / Hull / Somers / Truxton

Carroll / Crown / Ford Streets