Sutter / Rockaway Ave / Chester / Bristol

Yes, I've fallen months behind again. Sorry for the lack of updates as school began in September once again.

Continuing down the L line seemed to be the way to go. At least, it did back in May. I still hadn't realized how long traveling on the L line actually took!

Before we start: here's a little birdie. What's so special about the birdie? Well, I was walking to work about about seven in the morning, and it literally fell out of tree in front of me. It just missed me by inches (maybe 12-20 inches, but inches). At first, I thought it was dead. Then it's head popped up. I didn't have any gloves or anything that I could use to move it, and I was wasn't going to touch it otherwise. With my luck, it'd peck my hand and fly away and then what?

And just in case the person looking over your shoulder is as clueless or brainless as someone on social media was, No, I am not poking the bird with a stick. That's the bird's tail.

And now, on with the Countdown ...

I mean, on with the Walk...

Heading into Brownsville in the middle of the day, next knowing what to expect, but keeping my eyes open.

And, honestly, no one gave me a second look.

I stepped off the train and just started walking. It was a couple blocks before I hit Carter G. Woodson Children's Park, named for the historian, author, and founder of what would eventually become known as Black History Month.

Not much farther until I turned onto Rockaway Ave, which I took down to Livonia. It was too soon to go home so I started a loop up Chester and down Bristol. There was a community garden at 300 Chester.

Google Maps doesn't say what's behind these walls. NYPD is a block over.

A few more photos down Bristol, including a mural in front of the Post Office, and it's off to the subway and the ride home.

And that's it for this trip. Come back soon.

Following me at @mrburkemath on Instagram for more timely images!

All of the above photos and videos, unless otherwise stated, were taken by Christopher J. Burke and are subject to copyright.

MY NEWEST BOOK IS AVAILABLE NOW!

7 Flashes of Science Fiction: When the day comes that humans head out into the stars, will we understand the messages we receive in space from alien civilizations? Or will the day come that aliens walk among us freely and openly on the streets on Manhattan? Will technology take over our lives to the point where we feel for it should it break down? Can dimensions be unfolded within tiny spaces yielding results that were not meant to be known?

And what if we had to leave it all behind and start over?

Explore the magic and wonders that space, time, and other dimemsions have to offer with 7 Flashes of Science Fiction.


My older books include three more books in my Burke's Lore Briefs series, and the anthologies A Bucket Full of Moonlight and In A Flash 2020.

Vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, used-car salesmen, fairies, superheroes, space and time travel, and little gray aliens talking to rock creatures and living plants.

Plus pirates, spies, horror, and kindergarten noir!

If you enjoy my books, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeSales / MacDougal / Hull / Somers / Truxton

Carroll / Crown / Ford Streets