Grove / Starr / Troutman / Jefferson

Another before school walk through Bushwick on another state test day. This time I took a J train, instead of either the L or M lines, and got off on Broadway by Grove Street, which I took all the way up to Cyrpess Ave, even though I was technically (and physically) in Ridgewood, Queens for a few blocks.

At the beginning of Grove Street (or the end, if you're coming the other way) is the Good Life Garden, followed a couple of blocks later by the Concerned Citizens of Grove Street Community Garden.

Grove Street then gets interrupted by the Hope Gardens Apartments, but luckily I was able to just walk through.

I spotted a gazebo near the Myrtle Ave elevated line. (Geeks know the tale of "Eric and the Dread Gazebo", so seeing one in the wild always brings a smile.) After that, was some wall art before I made it to Cypress Ave.

I didn't photograph the twelve blocks of Cypress I walked. I walked some of them the previous day. And I walked the entire length the previous fall.

Starr Street was next up. I don't usually take random photos of buisnesses but I liked the wall art on Los Hermanos mexican restaurant, and I took a close-up of the statues out front.

After that, it was a couple of blocks up Troutman and down Jefferson and then off to the L train to get to school.

And that's it for this trip. Come back soon.

Following me at @mrburkemath on Instagram for more timely images!

All of the above photos and videos, unless otherwise stated, were taken by Christopher J. Burke and are subject to copyright.

MY NEWEST BOOK IS AVAILABLE NOW!

7 Flashes of Science Fiction: When the day comes that humans head out into the stars, will we understand the messages we receive in space from alien civilizations? Or will the day come that aliens walk among us freely and openly on the streets on Manhattan? Will technology take over our lives to the point where we feel for it should it break down? Can dimensions be unfolded within tiny spaces yielding results that were not meant to be known?

And what if we had to leave it all behind and start over?

Explore the magic and wonders that space, time, and other dimemsions have to offer with 7 Flashes of Science Fiction.


My older books include three more books in my Burke's Lore Briefs series, and the anthologies A Bucket Full of Moonlight and In A Flash 2020.

Vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, used-car salesmen, fairies, superheroes, space and time travel, and little gray aliens talking to rock creatures and living plants.

Plus pirates, spies, horror, and kindergarten noir!

If you enjoy my books, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeSales / MacDougal / Hull / Somers / Truxton

Carroll / Crown / Ford Streets