51st - 53rd Streets / 58th Street

You can subtract about a mile from this one. Despite the amount of time I spent waiting for a subway, so I didn't pause the app right away. Thankfully, I remembered before I'd gotten too far, but I'd been waiting a long time after just missing a train.

Back to Sunset Park to finish off some more streets, but not as many as I planned -- which is what happened the last time I'd gone down there as well. I was walking from Third Ave down to First Ave (which is actually northwest but downhill) and as close to the shoreline as I could get. After the first three streets, I scooted over to 58th Street to get to the subway. (I went to Fifth Ave to a store first.) and then I made of getting the N toward home instead of going back toward 36th Street. Not that it really would've mattered. I'd just missed a train and everything got screwed up after that, leaving me waiting for quite a while!

Most of my photos today are self-explanatory, but here's one that left me scratching my head. It's "obvious" that there had been a window there that had been sealed up. There are plenty of those around. But the bottom portion is a stumper. It's too narrow to have been a door, but I can't think what else it might've been. Whatever it was, it broke the window sill.

And that's it for this trip. Come back soon.

Following me at @mrburkemath on Instagram for more timely images!

All of the above photos and videos, unless otherwise stated, were taken by Christopher J. Burke and are subject to copyright.

MY NEWEST BOOK IS AVAILABLE NOW!

7 Flashes of Science Fiction: When the day comes that humans head out into the stars, will we understand the messages we receive in space from alien civilizations? Or will the day come that aliens walk among us freely and openly on the streets on Manhattan? Will technology take over our lives to the point where we feel for it should it break down? Can dimensions be unfolded within tiny spaces yielding results that were not meant to be known?

And what if we had to leave it all behind and start over?

Explore the magic and wonders that space, time, and other dimemsions have to offer with 7 Flashes of Science Fiction.


My older books include three more books in my Burke's Lore Briefs series, and the anthologies A Bucket Full of Moonlight and In A Flash 2020.

Vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, used-car salesmen, fairies, superheroes, space and time travel, and little gray aliens talking to rock creatures and living plants.

Plus pirates, spies, horror, and kindergarten noir!

If you enjoy my books, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads. Thank you!

Comments