Bushwick between Wyckoff and Cypress

One morning before work.

Also, a few videos that will likely show up on Instagram at some point.

It occurred to me that I could catch the M train to Knickerbocker Ave and work my way up to those streets between Wyckoff and Cypress Ave that I'd skipped before (because I always walked west from the L train on Wyckoff). I think I had planned on doing the reverse after school, but this opportunity presented itself. (If I remember correctly, there was a state Regents exam that day, so I didn't need to be in early.)

Biggest snag that I hit was that I miscounted blocks. Yes, I counted "one" instead of "two" once. But I caught it and went back around to get the blocks I missed.

After passing Hesser Triangle, and its WWI memorial, I turned up Menihan Street, passing by the Broadway line again.

At Cypress, I moved over two blocks to Harman. (I'd gone down Greene before.) That's extension popping out of the house caught my eye.

Next after that was Himrod.

After that, it was Stanhope, Stockholm, Dekalb, Hart, Suydam, and Willoughby before catching the subway back to work.

The only unusual thing was wanting to walk a couple of dead-end streets by Grover Cleveland Athletic Field (which I didn't know what cut off those streets at the time), excpet those tiny disconnected streets are in Queens.

And that's it for this trip. Come back soon.

Following me at @mrburkemath on Instagram for more timely images!

All of the above photos and videos, unless otherwise stated, were taken by Christopher J. Burke and are subject to copyright.

MY NEWEST BOOK IS AVAILABLE NOW!

7 Flashes of Science Fiction: When the day comes that humans head out into the stars, will we understand the messages we receive in space from alien civilizations? Or will the day come that aliens walk among us freely and openly on the streets on Manhattan? Will technology take over our lives to the point where we feel for it should it break down? Can dimensions be unfolded within tiny spaces yielding results that were not meant to be known?

And what if we had to leave it all behind and start over?

Explore the magic and wonders that space, time, and other dimemsions have to offer with 7 Flashes of Science Fiction.


My older books include three more books in my Burke's Lore Briefs series, and the anthologies A Bucket Full of Moonlight and In A Flash 2020.

Vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, used-car salesmen, fairies, superheroes, space and time travel, and little gray aliens talking to rock creatures and living plants.

Plus pirates, spies, horror, and kindergarten noir!

If you enjoy my books, please consider leaving a rating or review on Amazon or on Good Reads. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeSales / MacDougal / Hull / Somers / Truxton

Carroll / Crown / Ford Streets